Thứ Hai, 24 tháng 3, 2014

Power supply for generating of DBD plasma



I would like to HV technician jobs  a plasma by silent discharges (dielectric barrier discharge, DBD) and need a high frequency high voltage power supply with approximately 5-15 kV (peak-to-peak) and a frequency of approx. 10-30 for kHz. The required current is a few mA.

In a magazine article I read that such a PSU from a car's ignition coil and a MOSFET can be built. Unfortunately, there, however no details to the construction are described. Now, my question is whether anyone of you ever has done this before and if so, what it exactly looks like.

There were also others (easy to be around) way to build up the required power supply? at this frequency, auto ignition coils are hardly used.

What I would recommend would be a line transformer from an old TV.
They provide typically voltages to 24kV around, 5-15kV are no problem for such. However, these have as just a DC voltage on the output occurs to me. Is this ok or do you need AC? In the case, my preferred solution would be a self filled line transformer core. Estimated up to 25kV (AC), one ran at me. Only at 30-40kV he worked then but internally. I worked on this several hours the material costs amounted to, but on < €1.

I would use Ozoniser "Britzelgenerator" as a control. With this you can change the frequency and the output voltage can be regulated via a change in the input voltage or changing the primary winding number.

The circuit is a few € in short time without extensive experience Solderable material costs! Up to what frequency the circuit with a coil would be going to realize?
The specified 10-30 kHz are a pure guess. Probably even 5 kHz would be sufficient.
In any case, AC but is required to maintain the plasma. Grad again looked on the home page of Paul, his is a ZS at less than 10 kHz.
I'm sorry, because I told crap.

The circuit linked by HV testing  can be used also for ignition coils!
How to connect it you can see here at Paul: http://mosfetkiller.de/?s=zuendspulen
But, I would use the Britzelgenerator of Ozoniser from the tutorial, which should be much more efficient due to the driver transistors! An AC transformer is the best solution for that! Ignition coils have an iron core, which makes a few kHz.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét